2017 is here, and you know what that means… Everyone is hitting the gym to uphold those New Year’s resolutions they just made. The gyms seem crowded and overwhelming, especially since you haven’t been since… (well you know how long). If you don’t have a group or partner to get you motivated to continue more than likely you’re going to stop showing up. Usually by March, gym attendance takes a dramatic decline. Then the cycle continues. But what if there were a personal tool that you could use on a daily basis to keep you on track? Well, there is. Lots of them in fact… Here’s our top 5 apps to get you well on your way to health and fitness from now until the end of the year!
1. Pear – this app is your own digital fitness coach that will give you recommendations or workouts, monitor your heart rate, give you interactive audio coaching, track your progress and success and much more. The best part is that membership is cheaper than a gym and you get a free 30-day trial to get started. Click here to learn more about this app.
2. Nike+ Training Club – If you’re always marveling over your favorite athlete’s body, there’s a chance you can learn directly from them exactly how they got it so you can train and get it too! This app offers visual workouts hosted by the likes of celebrities such as Serena Williams, personalized training plans, and over 130 free workouts for all levels. You can find out more here.
3. Lifesum – Looking for ways to keep your diet on track but have no idea where to start? Lifesum is perfect for you. You’ll receive reminders to drink water throughout the day, keep track of how many calories you’ve consumed, find health-conscious recipes, share your progress with friends, and so much more. Check them out here today!
4. Today – Tracking all of your goals is super easy with this app! It helps you develop the habit of health with ease. You check in when it’s time to exercise, eat, and even meditate. You’ll get very useful stats and trends for all of your daily habits. Find out more here.
5. Sleep Cycle – For your overall health, sleep is definitely important. Sleep Cycle analyzes your sleep patterns and then finds the perfect time for you to wake up. Majority of Americans aren’t getting the proper amount of sleep each night, hence you waking up cranky and still tired in the morning. This app will help with making sure you get your sleep so that you wake up energized and ready to start your day! And when you’re excited for the day, you’re more likely to stay on track for all of your New Year goals. Check it out here.
With these apps, your 2017 should be great! You now have all of the motivation and guidance right at your fingertips!